Tuesday, October 8 :: 1 Peter 2
Happy Hoff? haha
Pet Peeve: Adults who walk around with bottles in their hands. Have you seen them? They bring their bottles with adult sized nipples into restaurants, food courts and offices. They don't eat anything - everything they want is in that bottle ... of course they've never tried anything else before to know the difference! Can you tell that I'm being silly now? I hope so. But that's what Peter is talking about in spiritual terms at the beginning of this chapter. "You must crave pure spiritual milk so that you can grow into the fullness of your salvation. Cry out for this nourishment as a baby cries for milk, now that you have had a taste of the Lord's kindness." (2-3) Is everything you want found in Christ? Or do you still desire the fruit of this world? I'm wanting to CRY OUT TO GOD TO GIVE ME PURE MILK! I'M HUNGRY FOR IT!
Is Jesus your cornerstone or your stumbling block? He will either hold you up, or trip you up. "They stumble because they do not listen to the God's Word or obey it." (8)
"Be careful how you live among your unbelieving neighbors." (12) or co-workers, or family members or friends. I'm really challenged by this lately. I know that our neighbors can bug the snot out of us ... mine mows to close to my trees ... this one let's his dog gain relief in my yard ... another hunts on my land ... this one parks his junk right by my back yard ... you know, there are some royal pains out there (Hoff - down boy) but the bottom line is "who are we?" Lord, grant me the patience required to obey Your Word and turn the other cheek and love those whom I find it hard to love!
This is great: "He personally carried away our sins in his own body on the cross so we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. You have been healed by his wounds!" (24)
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment