Feb25:
Ah yes - my favorite area of scripture - rules about purification. Really - God was a serious Type A personality!!
As I'm reading about the purification from Leprosy, my mind is with the man that Jesus healed of leprosy. Jesus told him that he had to present himself to the Chief Priest and offer the sacrifices according to the Law of Moses. I just assumed that this was a simple process. This meant that he had to shave himself - every hair - twice! Wow - crazy.
The twisted side of me is alive and well today. Do you think that God was just testing the Israelites to see how devoted they were. I mean, think about all they had to do with these sacrifices. It wasn't enough that someone had to bring a lamb to be sacrificed ... they had a million things to do and sprinkle and dip and wash and such ... I'm wondering if God was thinking "they'll never fall for this ..." but they did. See ... I'm twisted in my inner thoughts.
To go with this twisted thought another step further, we think our worship today can look like just about anything - and take place in just about any order. We intensionally shake things up from time to time. But it appears that God has some enjoyment in order and structure ... hmmm ...
Next twisted thought: It sure stunk to be a pigeon, dove or lamb in this time period. Risky business!
Feb26:
Establishing value for persons - this caught me as strange today. Again my mind flashed forward to Jesus' day. He was bought for 30 shekles of silver - well below the market value of 60.
My first notice of the word holy as it pertains to mankind ... Leviticus 19:1-2 "Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them,"Be hold because I, the Lord your God, am holy." He didn't say - "tell the preachers to be holy" or "tell the rich to be holy" He was instructed to visit the entire assembly and tell them all - BE HOLY!!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment