Friday // Aug 31 :: 2 Corinthians 8
Has "deep poverty" ever overflowed in "rich generosity" in your life? These are the New Living Trans words for v. 2. This church in Macedonia understood the root of joy is not living in comfort - I need to learn that.
v 8 - One way to "prove our love is real" is by looking at our wallet. That's true in dating, and in church-life. If we are willing to give sacrificially, it's likely because we are motivated by our love.
Would you pass the test? V. 22 speaks of a person who was selected to travel with Titus to the Corinthian church but only after he "had been thoroughly tested and has shown how earnest he is on many occassions." I'm wondering, would I pass that test? What did it involve? Was it by observation? What it based on knowledge of the scriptures? I would love a test today for everyone in the church - a "motives test" or "genuine believer" test would be great for me. I obviously lack faith. Another strike on my test.
Friday, August 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment