Okay, my summer vacation is nearing an end. My Bible reading has taken it on the chin lately. I'll will complete this task of reading the NT this year. Catch up is really good but it will take some time.
I'm reviewing much of what I've read from 1 Corinthians today - this is a great book/letter.
2:1-9 > our world values wisdom but what does that mean really? I listen to talk radio and I watch the news networks ... wisdom doesn't seem to be very wise anymore.
3:9 > I was moved recently watching the dedication of the Billy Graham library. We have lots of church leaders today who sell books with their pictures on the cover, who get lot's of money to attend their seminars, etc .... but in Dr. Graham, we have a guy who just wants to be a mirror so that others don't see him they see the Lord. He said at this ceremony, "the one issue I have with this building is that it's too much Billy and not enough of the Lord." He understands his role - his partnership - with the Lord so perfectly.
4:4-5 > We are not the judge of people's faithfulness - but we try to be all the time. Help us stop. Help us be open and honest with our own motives. I want no secrets.
4:20 > For the kingdom of God is not just fancy talk; it is living by God's power. -- that's good.
5:6 > "if one person is allowed to go on sinning ..." This strikes something in me. The first century church was made up of Believers - salvation took place before people became a part of the church - evangelism wasn't an arm of the church, it's what the church did 6 days a week (so to speak). Today, our church exists to bring the sinners in. We should be going to the sinners and bringing the repentatent ones in ... makes me think.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment