Chronological Readings -
Jan 28: Interesting concept of "fearing God" - to keep us from sinning (exod. 20.20) I've struggled at times fearing God since we've made him our father and our friend ... where is the God of wrath to be feared. We must fear him or else we could abuse his love in our lives.
I was also struck by Exod 23 where it the Lord says he won't drive out these nations all at once since then the wild animals will take over the land. The question I had was - God can wipe out the nations but not control the wild animals? The cool revelation I had was that even too much of a good thing could prove to be a bad thing.
Jan 29: Reading the details of the tabernacle was one of the toughest reads of this plan to date. I can't get a good picture of what this is to look like with words only. I loved the commentary when it spoke of no detail to small for God - he had this tabernacle planned down to the curtains.
Also, I had this cool though - where did these "skilled tradesmen" learn to work with gold and sew these curtains with beautiful designs ... in EGYPT. God's plan of slavery was finally coming full circle!
Jan 30: Time to hire some pastors! I'm happy to be a pastor in this century ... lot's to remember about the order of worship and the detailed formula of incense and the types of offerings back in the day. A sin offering. A burnt offering that was pleasing to God. A wave offering (that was new to me). A census offering. All of the sudden, my job seems really, really easy!
I love the Lord and I'm privileged to serve him today!
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment