Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mar17:
(Judges 2:10) It blows my mind that Israel's next generation grew up to neither know God nor his commands. Some of the greatest scriptures I've read so far about the commands to "never forget", to "tell your children while lying down, walking, etc", or to "be careful to do all I've commanded." How could these people inherit this land and then so quickly forget about the Lord. Then I think of America. Let's just consider how differently we considered Christian values just one or two generations ago. I read these scriptures and think "how dumb do you have to be" and then I realize, we aren't much different!

I'm sorry ... but I chuckled at the story about Ehud killing the king of the Moabites who was very fat. That they mention the sword he used to kill the king was 18" long, and that the handle actually went in through the fat and that the fat covered it ... well ... it was funny. I'm sorry. Don't mean to be insenstive but it struck me as graphically chuckle-able.

Mar18:
Interesting to see Deborah lead Israel as it's 4th Judge. In it's time, I'm sure women's lib wasn't even thought of. I wonder if it's why her commander would march with out her there ...? She certainly was connected with the Lord, He blessed her and she was a great leader - so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.