Saturday, April 28, 2007

Tuesday's Reading: Matthew 14

Do you ever have trouble focusing? I do. There are times when I'm focused on the tasks at hand and so productive - then there are many more times that I get so distracted and "under-motivated" that I'm not working toward anything that is good.

Focus is vital in the Christian journey, too. Jesus is walking on the water and encourages his bold friend, Peter, to join him. Initially, Peter is so caught up in the moment and his Savior that he has no problem walking on the surface of the waves. But when troubles come (in the form of waves) Peter does what most of us do - he FREAKS OUT! Here's a general rule: Freaking leads to sinking!

During challenging times in life, we have a choice to make: Focus on Christ, or focus on the junk. Whether we sink or swim depends upon what we are focused on! Let's not take our eyes off of Jesus today!

No comments: