Tuesday :: Sept 11 :: 1 Timothy 2
It's interesting that on this day (9/11) I'm reading about peace. Paul says we are to pray for government leaders (kings and others in authority over us) so that we can live in peace and quietness, in godliness and dignity. So much of those things have been stripped from us over these past 6 years. At least from Americans. We should be praying for our government - whether we trust them or not - whether we like them or not (I like Bush but I don't think I'm going to like the next president ... I still HAVE TO pray for them).
The point of conflict our world is in right now rests on our understanding of v.5 ... "For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and people. He is the man Christ Jesus." As Pastor Kip said on Sunday, there is only ONE WAY - and it's a path through Jesus Christ! No other God, no other method. Faith in Jesus!
I won't comment on Pauls words about women dressing modestly or how they are to be quiet in the church or how they are brought sin into the world or how they are going to be saved by having babies. You'll have to read that on your own ... comment at your own risk! haha
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment