Wednesday :: Sept 12 :: 1 Timothy 3
Good day so far: got up and ran 2 miles plus lifted some weights. Great fellowship with my new friend in the gym. Got home to help the kids get to school. Ran a little more with Tammy. Read our devotional together and prayed. Now reading God's Word. Nice! Thanks Lord!!
vv1-13 ... the leadership test. How do you measure up? How do I?
life cannot be spoken against ... I'm sure some would have issue with certain parts of my life but over all, I think I'm doing alright here.
faithful to his wife - absolutely
self-control ... with eating (could do better); with other things (doing really well these days)
live wisely ... this could be debated for quite some time.
good reputation ... I'm not sure I have one. Not sure I know my real reputation anyway ... don't we usually share how we feel about someone behind there back and not t their face?
enjoy guests in the home ... I enjoy it but we rarely have them. Too much cleaning to do. Tammy loves to have people in - I could go either way.
not a heavy drinker ... well I'm a little over weight and like to drink pop, sweet tea and chocolate milk. Is that what he's talking about?
violent ... hmmm - ya, doing fine
gentle ... as a butterfly (haha)
peace loving ... I don't hug trees but I don't like conflict
doesn't love money ... don't love it but I realize I need it. Trusting God on this one.
manage the family well ... okay, you just hit my weakness.
children respect him ... hmmm - I think so.
and obey him ... not likely. We work on this alot.
Now the conversation turns to "deacons". So, what's the difference between an elder and a deacon? ELDER: is refering to someone who is more like a pastor or bishop. The greek work can also be translated as "overseer" or manager. A DEACON is literally translated as one who serves. Their qualifications seem similar, but their responsibilities were much different - taking care of the work of the church.
I like this a lot too: "This is the church of the living God, which is the pillar and support of the truth." The church is an important thing. It's not to be taken lightly. Our attendance and support of our church is critical in the developement and growth of our faith!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment