Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday : November 16 : 1 Thessalonians 4
The title of this section of scripture screams at me ... "Living to Please God!" I hope the text lives up to my expectation! I want to please God!

Interesting note that "holiness" is tied to (in Paul's writings) to the avoidance of sexual immorality and keeping your body under control. Hmmm....

"human rules" ... Paul says that anyone who chooses to ignore this call of holiness (by avoiding sexual immorality) isn't disobeying a human standard - but one from God. Isn't that true today!?! Our standards in society are so wacked out right now - really, there is no standard. So the church must be careful - we can't measure ourself against the world ... but against the standard that God has given to us.

I need to give this to my kids for a memory verse: "This should be your ambition: to live a quiet life, minding your own business." (11) haha

It's going to seem really crazy when Jesus returns ... free jet-packs!

No comments: