Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday : November 19 : 1 Thessalonians 5
The end times (I've said before) can freak me out fairly quickly. There's not a ton that we know for sure. Will Christ return with fanfare or will he return in a more subtle way? Will I know for sure it's Him or will I be confused or deceived? That's just the tip of the iceberg of questions about it all. Paul says, however, "you aren't in the dark about these things, and you won't be surprised." That's good news - I'm confused about most of my life right now ...

Throughout history, Christianity has been a religion of "don'ts"

Here's a great list of things to do:
1) encourage one another
2) build each other up
3) honor your leaders/pastors
4) live in peace with each other
5) warn the lazy ones*
6) take care of the weak*
7) Be patient with everyone*
8) No paybacks (evil for evil) but do good
9) be joyful*
10) keep on praying (assuming that you do already)
11) no matter what, always be thankful
12) listen to the Holy Spirit*
13) test everything
14) hold on to what is good*
15) keep away from every kind of evil

What on that list needs attention or improvement for you? Mine are *-ed.

No comments: