Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday : November 15 : 1 Thessalonians 3
What encourages you? In what do you find strength? Paul says in this chapter that the fresh report of the church in Thessalonica has rejuvenated his spirit and given him a renewed sence of joy. I'm not sure I know what gives me joy most days ... I seem very day to day lately. Moment by moment at times. Is that wrong? I wonder. I think I need to fix my eyes on others and be more committed to partnering with them to see their faith floursish - which in turn, would cause mine to floursih, too.

v12 : "may the Lord make your love grow and overflow" then v13 : "as a result, Christ will make your hearts strong, blameless and holy." I want those things (strength, blamelessness, holiness) and they all have their root in LOVE! I noticed today the role of the Lord in this ... He will make our love grow and He will make me holy because of it. What do I have to do? Perceive it and embrace the free gift He is offering.

Lord, make my love grow some today. I know it may not be in leaps and bounds ... but make it grow in just the right amount and in just the right way! Help me forgive. Help me forget. Help me perceive. Help me embrace! Your son, TB

No comments: