Thursday, October 23, 2008

August 21 (Ezekiel 24)
Another short reading ... thank you Lord! What a deep and meaningful reading it is. If it hasn't been a trying time for Ezekiel already, now he is to become a "living example" of the people. The Lord will take the life of his wife and give him specific directions on how to respond. This symbolizes how God is going to take away the sanctuary in Jeruselm (the one thing the people still revear).

God is really cutting his people down to the bone. In many ways, I wonder if I would still be able to have a faith in a God who took me to the end of the rope like this. Especially for Ezekiel, a man who has sploken the Word of God, and the result was the loss of his wife ... he remained perfectly faithful (from what I can tell at this point) throughout the process. Do I have that faith and strength?

No comments: