Two days in a row! I'm back!
Today's reading begins on Aug. 7: Jerermiah 36 ...
I'm struck right away that God is giving Judah another chance to repent here. The language lately had been "you are about to get crushed, I can no longer hold off on my punishment for you ... blah blah ..." and now God tells Jeremiah, "I'm going to tell them my plan and maybe that will scare them into repentance." The King didn't respond well to the words that God gave Jeremiah ... so the nation went without repentence.
Today's principle for me ... the leadership dictates the heart of the nation. As we near election day in America, let's be aware of which candidate we choose, not by party, but by morality and humbleness and God's leading.
Aug. 8: Daniel 1
This is a great story of God providing for his faithful children. I'm struck by a thought I've never had before. I've always known that Daniel, Shadrach, Mishach and Abednego were faithful men - honoring God's statutes and such .. but here's the earth shattering news for my day ... why didn't they stand up to their own king the way they do to King Nebuchadnezzar? Judah was a seriously messed up place ... wickedness was everywhere ... where were these dudes then?
Life principle: Many times it's easier to stand up to opposition when it's from an obvious evil source than it is when it's your own family. This needs to be rejected and understand that true love is found in the TRUTH. The entire exile could have been stopped had these 4 boys stood up to the King of Judah and said follow God or else!!
In the story of Daniel interpretting the King's dream, I see:
1) A call to prayer: Daniel tells his friends "plead for mercy from the God of heaven".
2) A testimony of God's Power: Daniel didn't claim to know the dream or possess the power to do so. He clearly told this pagan King that "there is a God in heaven who reveal mysteries" and then he did it. God get's the glory! Not Daniel.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment