Friday : November 24 : 2 Peter 1
"evil desires" - do we take the time to consider this?
"corruption" - do we see what happens to us when we allow evil desires to take root in our life?
Corruption is a word in our society that isn't well received. If we say someone is "corrupt" it's an obvious bad thing - going to prison kind of bad thing! In the faith, it begins by allowing evil desires into our life. "Desires" is word that our society embraces - like give into your desires. This is where the conflict comes in for Believers today. We are told by our culture to give into your desires and be you - but that will lead to sinful corruption. So what do we do with that? We COVER IT UP! Corruption is only known about when it's "uncovered" or "discovered" by an authority.
I'm not sure I'm making sense right now ... it's snowing so I'm all messed up ... and thankful I hung my outside lights in the rain vs. the snow!
Bottomline: I'm tired of Believers walking around covering up the fact that they are being continually corrupted by their sinful desires! I'm tired of joining of them! Stop the corruption!
How? By getting to know Christ and acting more like Him and less like us!
"5For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love."
Friday, November 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Terry,
Amen, I needed this today! Christians reaaly need to humble themselves and realize that church attendance, bible study, christian school, etc doesn't provide us with the relatonship to keep us from our original state (the flesh) which by nature will continue to seek its own desires. Hold me accountable brother, I want to be Holy, and know and share the love of Christ. I want to be a new man worthy of the precious blood shed for my life of total corruption.
God Bless!
Earl
Post a Comment