August 25 (Ezekiel 25, 30)
This reading is a clear indication of what life could be like when you are on God's "bad side." I'm ready for some uplifting readings!
August 26 (Ezekiel 26-28)
Today is about the realization of "who" is in control. The great sailors or Tyre thought they had the seas figured out - they were prideful about their naval accomplishments ... and then God humbled them and said, "In the pride of your heart you say, "I am a god." ... But you are a man and not a god, though you think you are as wise as a god." Isn't this where we find ourselves today? With 50% of western Europe now believing there is no God, aren't we in danger of following a path that says, "I understand - I am self-sovereign." I see so much of this in our world today ...
Again I'm noticing that God is doing alot of destruction and humbling of these nations all for the purpose of "then you will know that I'm the Lord their God." Hmmm ... can you find another way to get my attention??
August 27 (Jeremiah 37-38)
Today is about doing what the Lord says. King Zedekiah is told to surrender to the Babylonians in order to spare his life. He thinks that's not of God so he decides to change those plans. I wish I had a prophet telling me what God's plan is for me. That would be sweet ... but would I follow it ... would I believe it? Hard to say on this side.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment