Tuesday, November 11, 2008

August 30 (Lamentations 3, 4)
Take this in today ...
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to hose whose hope is in him, to hte one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."


"Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both calamities and good things come?" This trips many of us ... we want a God that is all good all the time. We need to grow up and understand consequences of SIN stink but there is nothing we can do about it but stop SINNING and beg for God's protection ... still, it will rain.

Justice ... we all want it. We tell our kids that life isn't fair and then we demand fairness everywhere we turn ... are we really this shallow? What have I done recently to make the right real injustices of our world? What did I do to help the man at McDonald's Sunday who was looking through the trash for bottles and cans? NOTHING! How can ... who am I to demand justice when I'm not offering it to those around me?????

You O Lord, reign forever; your throne endures from generation to generation.

No comments: