Wednesday, November 12, 2008

August 31 (todays reading includes parts of 2 Kings 25, Jeremiah 40, 42, 42, 43, 44)

By the way, did you hear Buddah is back? The reincarnated Buddah came out of the jungle today ... I read about it on Fox News.com. I thought the idea of Buddism is reincarnate to higher levels and then join the divine ... so why would Buddah (the holiest buddist ever) be back in human form? Things to ponder.

The drama in Judah's existence continues as the Babylonian appointed governor is assasinated and those left behind enquire of God - only to do the exact opposite of what God tells them to do. Therefore, they suffer the consequences. Determining God's will is challenging. Honestly, I am REALLY struggling with that. Judah's heart seemed in the right place ... "Pray that the Lord your God will tell us where we should go and what we should do." The answer from God was "stay". They rejected that option and left for Egypt. Is this MY word for the day? Stay?

What is more intriuging to me is that later we see that God sends a prophesy about those from Judah who left (against the word of God) and have now settled in Egypt. "He will come and attack Egypt, bringing death to those destined for death, captivity to those destined for captivity, and the sword to those destined for the sword." So what's the point. If we are all destined for something, then we should just live our life the way we want and then take what we get ... what we are destined for. I don't know ... I'm torn with how I feel about this area.

No comments: