September 12-13 Readings (Job 15-21)
Some of the coolest sections of Job are in these chapters ...
"Even now my witness is in heaven; my advocate is on high. My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God; on behalf of a man he pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend." I'm amazed my this view point of God. I actually believe that Job has been given a vision of the Messiah ... Jesus ... as he serves as our "High Priest" going to the Father on our behalf.
"I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes - I, and not another. How my heart years within me!" I want this kind of faith! I now can see why God told Satan that he could mess with Job ... he could handle it! His faith is rock solid and this statement is a beautiful expression of his understanding of God's future deliverance!
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment