Friday, November 21, 2008

September 15 Reading (Job 25-31)
Bildad tries to soften his remarks by reminding Job that everyone is a schmuck! Job still will not relent on his position that he has not sinned. "I will not deny my integrity. I will maintain my righteousness and never let go of it; my conscience will not reproach me as long as I live."

In chapter 29, I see Job answering some of the alligations from earlier in the readings. He lays his claim how how "good" and "righteous" he was. This only leads him to lament about how bad he has it now. Why is it that our minds often think back to the "good ol' days." I find, too, that our memory is usually softer than reality. Was it really as good as I remember it to me?? Likely not.

Job ends this long reading with a clear defense of his position. This is his closing arguement. Have you ever just wanted to be heard? That's Job. He just wants to know that God is listening. He wants justice. "Prove me wrong, God!" is what he is declaring.

I'm connecting well with Job and realize that he is living his faith out in very practical and powerful ways. Much better than I am. My faith pales in comparison to his ...

No comments: