Monday, November 17, 2008

September 1 Reading (Ezekiel 33-36)

I'm reminded again that the Lord is angry with his people for the fact that they: defiled His great name, and that they relied on their sword/strength over His power and might. How true is this of us today? Do we honor His great name enough? Do we give God enough credit for His work in our life? Do we rely on His strength and power? Or do we trust in our own understanding and logic more? The "pride" if Israel, lead to its fall.

Does this strike you? [the Lord speaking to Ezekiel about his followers] "(they) sit before you to listen to your words, but they do not put them into practice. With their mouths they express devotion, but their hearts are greedy for unjust gain." Do I listen, but do not act? I'm afraid my "action" button hasn't been hit enough lately in the practical everyday opportunities that God has given me.

I want this:
I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws."

That's good stuff! Remove that bad - put in the AWESOME!!

No comments: