Monday, November 17, 2008

September 3 Reading (Ezekiel 32-33)
perhaps the most perplexing verse I've read in the scriptures ... "Although I had him [Pharaoh] spread terror in the land of the living, Pharaoh and all his hordes will be laid among the uncircumsized..." declares the Lord." This is tough to wrestle with ... why would the Lord have Pharaoh do this, only to punish him for it later? Could this be interpreted "I allowed him to spread his terror ...?" Or is it "I had him do it ..."? There is a huge difference.

Honestly, this can really challenge my inclination on predestination. I'm not sure what to do with this other than investigate a little deeper.

The role of the Watchman: Watch for danger, sound the trumpet, save the people. If the people (who hear the trumpet) don't respond, their blood is on themselves. If the watchman sees the danger, but doesn't sound the trumpet, then their blood is on the watchman!

Application :: I see the pastors of our society as the watchmen of our country and faith in general. If we see the danger of the sin around us, we MUST sound the alarm! If we do - and the people don't respond - that's not on us. But the greater danger is that if we don't sound the alarm, then everyone who is lost, will be on US! Did I really sign up for this?? Which takes me right back to my issue earlier in this post ... God's sovereignty and learning I'm not in control of JACK-POO! Help me God rest in that knowledge today and help me have the courage to sound the alarm!!

"As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways!"

"If a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, he will die for it. And if a wicked man turns away from his wickedness and does what is just and right, he will live by doing so."

No comments: