Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Friday, June 1 Reading: Romans 14

This chapter could not have been more timely for me. We struggle with these issues in our culture today. How do we handle those who say we can drink. My upbringing was strong against the use of alcohol but I've made some great friends who are strong believers in Christ and they drink. It's not cut and dry for me anymore.

Paul says in verse 5 that everyone should have an opinion on this matter. Here's mine: I'm glad I don't drink. I don't want my kids to ever start. There is too much destruction that can come from it - I believe that staying away from it is the best choice.

Paul didn't say that everyone should have just one opinion about this matter ... but rather, "an" opinion.

17-18: For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. If you serve Christ with this attitude, you will please God."

No comments: