Thursday's Reading, June 21 Colossians 2
As I led worship yesterday, I was struck by the faces of our congregation. We were singing "Friend of God" and I was loving it! What a wonderful song with powerful words! After we were done, I had to comment on what I was seeing - 200 people who didn't seem very excited about being called "friend" to God. Can we really grasp it? I know it's a lot - but it really thrills me that God looks at Terry and sees me as his son ... his friend. I want believer to be thrilled by this concept.
Verse 2 says it well, "I want them to have full confidence because they have complete understanding of God's secret plan, which is Christ himself." I want the confidence of Christ to fill me - encourage me.
Another great life verse: "Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught." (v7)
I had a thought about v. 23: have you ever considered the Muslim and been inspired by their devotion? Don't get me wrong, I believe they are following a lie. But I consider their devotion with a sense of awe. Consider then these words ... "These rules may seem wise because they require strong devotion, humility, and severe bodily discipline. But they have no effect when it comes to conquering a person's evil thoughts and desires."
Monday, June 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment