Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wednesdays Reading June 20: Colossians 1

Paul starts this letter by saying "we have heard that you ..." Got me thinking ... what have others heard about me lately? Have I been making a difference in the Kingdom so that others have been talking? Would another brother or sister in Christ have any idea that my ministry even exists? The church in Colosse had been faithfull and loving enough that Paul and his ministry team had heard about it ... others were talking about it. Sweet - I want that! Not in a Varoocka way (Charlie and the Choc Factory... "I want a pony!") ... but in a holy way.

I want others to be inspired by my church's ministry. I want to do big things for Christ.

I love this phrasing of v6: "God's great kindness to sinners." Isn't that to true?!

I'll say it again : "God to give you a complete understanding ... be wise with spiritual wisdom ... learn to know God better and better." Paul tells every church - "you must be growing your faith and gaining more and more wisdom. Never stop learning!"

"I depend on Christ's mighty power that works within me." AMEN!!

No comments: