Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mondays Reading June 18: Philippians 3

Back to JOY :: Paul is so convinced that JOY is vital to the church that he even admits, "I never get tired of telling you this." Later in chapter 4, he says, "I'll say it again, REJOICE!" Corbin had to learn that verse for his part in our Kidz Praize Musical last month.

Paul pretty much takes any human element out of our salvation equation in this chapter. He says, "if there is anyone who deserves the best from God it was me ... but it's not through what I've done that I have this joy ... it's all because of Him."

"For God's way of making us right with himself depends on FAITH" (v. 9) So simple - yet so challenging! How is my faith today? Do I believe Him more - with an increasing faith?

No comments: