Wednesday's Reading, June 27 Luke 1
"Many people have set out to write accounts about the events that have been fulfilled among us. They used the eyewitness reports circulating among us from the early disciples. Having carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I also have decided to write a careful account for you, most honorable Theophilus, so you can be certain of the truth of everything you were taught."
These sound the words of a committed servant who wants to make sure that everything they write is 100% correct. That gives me some confidence in what I'm about to read. Interestingly enough, I found myself reading the accounts of John's and Jesus' birth more from the position of reading a newspaper than the Bible.
Thank you for coming Jesus. You first lived in Heaven, but you willingly came to Earth for me. I can't say thanks enough. I should say it more and more.
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment