Thursday's Reading, June 28 Luke 2
This amazing story leaves so many questions in my mind. Not questions that lead to doubt, but rather, questions of awe and wonder about this wonderful tale.
? Why did the Lord proclaim his favor to shepherds? - they were the scum of the town! they were on the bottom rung! It's awesome how Jesus enters to a angelic choir, and the front row seats were given to those who didn't deserve it ... if I could only grasp this, my understanding of my "undeservedness" would be some much more in focus.
? How did Simeon and Anna realize the Christ at 8 days old? The seeker (Simeon) and the worshipper (Anna) understood the magnitude of this baby better than anyone else did for the rest of his 33 year life. They gained this insight because of their walk with the Father and Holy Spirit.
? Where did Jesus sleep for 6 days? Even Christ was homeless. I've never been. I've never known that I would have a place (inside) to lay down, brush my teeth, and use the restroom. Never.
Thank you for coming, Lord Jesus!
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment