Tuesday's Reading, June 26 Philemon 1
"And I am praying that you will put into action the generosity that comes from your faith as you understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ. Your love has given me much joy and comfort, my brother, for your kindness has often refreshed the hearts of God’s people."
I read these verses and thought, "understanding often comes by putting things into action." I can't understand the joy of jumping on a trampoline but only watching others do it. I need to climb onboard - which I personally find more pain than joy on those ... Back to the point: if we are to understand the things of God, we must "put into action" this new found faith. Hearing about people "walking across the room" and living this faith out, puts wind in my sails (refreshes my heart)!!!
"I appeal to you to show kindness to my child, Onesimus. I became his father in the faith while here in prison. Onesimus hasn’t been of much use to you in the past, but now he is very useful to both of us. "
These few verses lead me to believe that the first century church had a problem in forgiving others. (sound familiar?) Onesimus must have been a typical A.D.D. kid who had burned all of his bridges. But, under the leadership of the Holy Spirit and Paul, he changed and became a useful tool for the Kingdom. THIS GIVES ME GREAT HOPE FOR YOU AND ME!! If Onesimus can change - so can we!
What about the change in me? It's still happening! Praise the Lord!
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment