Thursday's Reading: Matthew 26
What an amazing chapter! I'm looking at how Jesus endured his trial. In v.59 we see the trial begin with false testimony. What is so inspiring is Jesus' response - or lack of response. He stands in silence as false comments are being hurled against him.
I wish I could see in his mind - to understand his thoughts. Was he tempted to fight back? I doubt it. He completely understood what was going on and he chose when to words very carefully.
Now let's think about our own journey for a second ... have you ever had false statements said against you? Have you ever felt that urge to fight back, stand your ground, help everyone get the "facts straight." I think we have a lot to learn about Jesus' actions. My personality tends to fire up and state my case - Jesus calls us to stay calm, remain silent, allow time.
Here's the reality: when we look at what happens to Jesus, we think it was the greatest injustice the world has ever seen. And that's true. However, it also was the greatest thing that ever happened for you and I. Because Jesus gave up his life (it was NOT taken), we can reconnect with God in a personal way. His silence, that injustice, is the source of our hope.
Can we not fight back? Can we trust the Lord with the outcomes of life?
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment