Wednesday's Reading: Matthew 25
I'm terrible with money. I get it - I want to spend it. This parable of the talents (where the servants invest the masters money and it doubles) always makes me wonder which servant I would be. Somedays, digging a hole and putting some cash down there doesn't seem like a bad idea - if I'm focused on me, that is. The reality I need to be reminded of is that money (or gifts/talents) are not mine to hold on to - they are HIS to be GIVEN AWAY.
Check this out: http://www.themasterstalents.org/mountain.shtml
What have I done to:
- Feed the hungry?
- Quench the thirsty?
- Clothe the naked?
- Care for the sick?
- Visit those in prison?
If this is my final exam, or my Heaven's School grade card, I may be in deep trouble.
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment