Tuesday's Reading: Matthew 24
Do you ever wonder what the "end times" will be like? Will it happen in my lifetime? Will my children be able to weather the storms that will come because of it? This chapter is devoted to this topic. I think it weighed heavy on Jesus' heart for us all to understand that we must all be vigilant about waiting for His return. I don't know if there will be one moment that will signal "the end" or if it will happen much more gradually. I don't know if there will be one "anti-Christ" who will deceive the church or if there will be many "anti-Christs" who will accomplish this deception over a period of time.
I do know that this world is getting freaky! Terrorism isn't new to mankind - it has been going on as long as we have been breathing. What's new is that we can report about it within a matter of seconds all around the globe. That's hard for my simple mind to comprehend.
The more we get to know Jesus, the easier it will be for us to determine these days as they come. I'm not talking about getting to know the "Left Behind" series either - I'm talking about getting to know Jesus. If we put the same amount of time and energy into prayer and scripture memory as we put into those books, we'd be much better off. As a matter of opinion, I believe the end times won't look anything like those books - just because God loves to surprise us.
Be on the look out for Him. His Kingdom is at hand: in the life of the homeless, the widows, the orphans, and in your neighbors. Let "His Kingdom come" today through your life interacting with everyone around you! Then you will be ready - no matter how Jesus comes back!
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment